Last modified: November 14th 2022
Semantiweb US LLC (“Company” or “We”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.semantiweb.com (our “Website“) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- When you subscribe to our newsletter
- When you fill out our Contact Form
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by the Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, e-mail address, or telephone number (“personal information“);
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, and other tracking technologies.
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of subscribing to our newsletter or filling in our contact form.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and Internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time (behavioral tracking). To opt out of behavioral tracking on this website please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Semantiweb US LLC’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Semantiweb US LLC about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We must disclose your personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement needs. We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Semantiweb US LLC, our customers, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Accessing Your Information. You have the right to access, update, or remove certain information that you have voluntarily submitted to us through the Website by sending an email to us at email@example.com. We may require additional information from you to allow us to confirm your identity. Please note that we will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address used by the Company to promote our own products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, product service experience or other transactions.
- EU Privacy Rights. If you are a European data subject, you have the right to ask us not to process your personal information (or provide it to third parties to process) for direct marketing purposes or purposes materially different than for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by you. To exercise your right, please email us at email@example.com or send us a letter to: Semantiweb US LLC, 60 Broad Street Suite 3502, New York, New York 1004 (Attention: Legal). We will try to make the requested changes in our active databases as soon as reasonably practical.
- California Residents. If you live in California, you may opt out of having your Personal Information shared with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Privacy Shield and International Transfer
Company complies with the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from the European Union and / or Switzerland to the United States. Company will certify that it adheres to the Privacy Shield Principles of notice, choice, accountability for onward transfer, security, data integrity and purpose limitation, access, and recourse, enforcement and liability.
In accordance with our obligations under Privacy Shield, and subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission, we hereby affirm our commitment to subject to the Privacy Shield Principles all personal information transferred from the European Union and / or Switzerland in reliance on Privacy Shield. This means that, in addition to our other obligations under the Privacy Shield Principles, we shall be liable to you for any third party agent to which we transfer your personal information and that processes such personal information in a manner that violates the Privacy Shield Principles, unless we can demonstrate that we are not responsible for the resulting damages.
In the event that you have any inquiry, dispute, or claim arising out of or relating to our compliance with Privacy Shield, please email us at email@example.com or send us a letter to: Semantiweb US LLC, 60 Broad Street Suite 3502, New York, New York 1004 (Attention: Legal). If we are unable to resolve your complaint directly, you may submit your complaint at no cost to you to JAMS at https://www.jamsadr.com/file-an-eu-us-privacy-shield-or-safe-harbor-claim. In the event there are residual complaints that have not been resolved by JAMS, or any other means, you may seek a non-monetary remedy through binding arbitration to be provided to you in accordance with the Privacy Shield Principles.
To learn more about the Privacy Shield Framework, please visit https://www.privacyshield.gov/.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.